Thursday, July 30, 2015

CD Review: IRMINSUL Fäder by Abyss Forgottentomb

IRMINSUL
Fäder
Purity Through Fire
Ah Irminsul, the first track of your album Fäder just took my heart away. Remembering your beautiful land, I am now drowning in dark sadness. But then, it's twirling and riding just like a thousand horses in the wind. A very beautiful album which reminded me several times of the melodic metal bands from Scandinavia, except the vocals that remind me of Dimmu and Ensiferum at the same time. Of course I could take more time to understand your lyrics, because I am able to understand "lite" (in English "a little"). If I had to say something in Swedish about this album: "Bra låtar, vilket album, fy fan! Jag rekommenderar det." ("Good songs, what an album, fuckin’ hell/damnit! I recommend it.") -Abyss Forgottentomb