Monday, January 10, 2022

Full Length Review: Zebulon Kosted "Death Dreams During Cryostasis" (Independent) by Corban Skipwith

Band: Zebulon Kosted
Location: Missoula, Montana
Country: USA
Genre: Experimental
Format: Digital album
Label: Independent
Release date: January 7, 2022
I find it fascinating that a few days after I talked about ‘avant-garde’ this comes out! You talk about a creative journey? Well this is the prime example of what can be done when you're motivated and daring enough.
Zebulon Kosted (Death Dreams During Cryostasis)
So, before I begin there’s a fantastic explanation for this album on the Bandcamp album link that I recommend everyone go read! Fascinating.
But let’s talk the album, because this is a seven track experience with so many twists and turns that it’s hard to keep up.
In simplistic terms I see this album as the very definition of ‘Experimental Ambient’.
Long story? This is the work of a mind so ingenious that he really has no limit. Keep in mind the last time I reviewed this guy it was this 40+ minute track based on the story of some fraud who would blackmail grieving families with fake proof of the afterlife.
That was my introduction to this man, and I can safely say he only gets stranger the more you dive deep into him and I absolutely love that. There’s so much going on here, you have so many different styles and influences such as
-Noise
-Black Metal
-Ambient
-Spoken Word
It’s just absolutely insane (but in the best way possible) see this is the kind of album you play when you want to experience something out of this world, something unique and quite frankly something extraordinary! I remember listening to this album thinking ‘what a fascinating mind this guy must have’ to always push the boundaries and try new things is something most artists don’t have and that’s why I have nothing but respect for him.
Look, I don’t really know how to put into words what this album sounds like, it’s something you will have to indulge in and discover for yourself. I can tell you one thing, it’s strange but one of the most intriguing albums I’ve heard in the past couple of years!!
So go check out the madness for yourself! Corban Skipwith

Lineup:
Rashid Abdel Ghafur: Vocals, all instruments
Track list:
1. Who Knows What We Will Find Out There
2. Again and Again
3. It Flies Itself
4. Death Dreams During Cryostasis
5. Our First Destination
6. Could This Have Been a Trap
7. Kill Us

No comments:

Post a Comment