Friday, December 2, 2022

Full Length Review: Pick Your Side "Live On CIUT" (Death By Digital) by Devin J. Meaney

Country: Canada
Genre: Grindcore
Full Length: Live On CIUT
Format: Cassette
Label: Death By Digital
Release Date: October 10, 2012
A tape I snagged from Death By Digital (label from Ontario) is “Live On CIUT” by Pick Your Side. I had never heard of these guys but on the first listen I knew this was something that was worth a few plays at the very least.
The tape is a plain unlabelled standard black cassette, the case is clear and the insert is a well-cut black and white thick matte paper. Pretty standard, but the tracks themselves are what make this golden.
This is an offering of really “old-school” sounding grindcore with vocals and riffs that give off strong punk-influenced vibes. The sound is not exact but I am reminded of bands in the vein of Siege. The recording quality is “raw but well done” and the percussion, strings and vocals can all be heard with clarity.
Fans of late 80’s and early 90’s grind are sure to enjoy this. It was fun and I plan to give it a few more plays very soon. I don’t have much else to say except that it was worth the few dollars I paid for the cassette and I will most likely snag more from these guys if it is available in the future! -Devin J. Meaney

Track list:
1. Dark Future
2. Plug-In Generation
3. More Cops, More Crime
4. Meltdown
5. This Is Not A Test
6. Throne Of Privilege
7. My Troubles
8. Headed Snake
9. How To Cope
10. Survival Prayer
11. Looking Back
12. New War
13. This Too Shall Pass
14. Right Turn

No comments:

Post a Comment