Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Full Length Review: Frost "Consecratus Ad Mortem" (Metal Ör Die Records) by Devin J. Meaney

Band: Frost
Location: Kazincbarcika
Country: Hungary
Genre: Black metal
Format: Digital, CD
Label: Metal Ör Die Records (Hungary)
Release date: November 15, 2023
I listened to a handful of bands today, but I have chosen to only review one. “Consecratus Ad Mortem” by Frost is the release I have chosen, and as my desire to type is only minimal today I will keep my review brief.
This is black metal of the melodic variety. The band hails from Hungary, and after listening I can state that this was actually quite the splendid blast of eerie and atmospheric blackness! As per usual with the BM that I like, the production and musicianship is very cold, and with a band name like “Frost” I’d say that makes a ton of sense. The vocals are great, and so are the drums, and along with the melodics and heaviness there are also lighter instrumental tones included!
This was uploaded to YouTube for free by the Black Metal Promotion account and features nine tracks in under 50 minutes. If you have interest you can also check the band out on Facebook, Bandcamp and the Metal Archives! If you wish to purchase a physical copy of this album (always a great thing, as it supports both the band and the label) you can snag a copy from Metal Or Die Records! Lastly, even though I kept the review brief I can state that this is some of the better BM I’ve heard recently. Check it out! -Devin J. Meaney

Lineup:
Deák Tamás: Vocals
Tátrai Csaba: Guitars
Komló György: Guitars
Ferenc Mocsnik: Bass
Lõrincz Dávid: Keyboards
Róbert Mester: Drums

Track list:
1. Ash in Face
2. In the Labyrinth of Musty Walls
3. The Thirtheenth of Them...
4. Frozen Spheres of the Deepness
5. Mirror
6. The Crown of Creation
7. Odium Vetus
8. Dead Light of Unknown Stars
9. The Echo of Night's Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment