Monday, June 13, 2016

Single Review: ANGUERE Choque 2015 by Abyss Forgottentomb

ANGUERE
Single - Choque 2015
Independent
The first time I listened to the single I thought Anguere was influenced by the band Aborted (Belgium). I had let it away during a short period cos I was not musically touched by the vocals. I first dropped three lines in French then listened again more carefully. Listening to the solos (the part with the strings joined by the drums after the vocals, announcing the next lyrics), I said to myself “holy shit it sounds like a mix of Ill NiƱo and Mass Hysteria” (which are metal/fusion bands) Damn I dislike labelling bands cos there are so many musical nuggets. I like this single. “Estado de Choque” is about “shock”; we don't need to explain it, just imagine it. In my opinion this sounds psychological. I don't know what “Anguere” means but it sounds like “anger” in English; this would stick perfectly to the band's concept. Concerning the technique, it brings us back to the end of the 90's when lots of bands made us feel like we wanted to jam powerful riffs. The vocals sound really hardcore and remind me a little of Zach de la Rocha (Rage Against The Machine) in more of a powerful way. Thanks to this song, it's possible to remember that yesterday is not so far gone, and as long as artists continue to jam our idols who influenced metal don't make us speak of them for nothing. Thanks for reminding me. -Abyss Forgottentomb

Track list:
1. Estado de Choque

No comments:

Post a Comment