Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Poem: 'Ceremonial Soiree!' by Rich Orth

Ceremonial Soiree!
©Rich Orth, 01/05/2018

Dream away... yes dream in combat
and you call him quite in vain
each breath... terminal refrain
If it suits him not to come
Keeping time with no mistakes
What brazen impudence
Within jurisprudence
What Daemon... what peril
Who wants my heart... it for the taking
That two dark eyes are watchin
In thy visage... I trace joy unwanted
I wept that love... thus was dooming
With blood so cherished
Enriched by true love
No more dare that I utter
...shutter... even recall
Deeply she moved me..
yet no human sorrow... tis lasting...
exasperating here below
as above they reside....
yet.. we .. me with thee
live ever in peace reposing
With thee thou bidst me... fly...
One word of exultation...
...WHY????
Void or terrors...horrors exist
Death appeareth... yes it persists
Hope on Earth? We have none...
He hath delivered sweet hostage
Foe shall never rest...
In this development arrested
Our prayers and our tears are accursed
...in the sight of invisible everlasting
That strange beauty... strange girl
...she who has been coming here
My soul thought as you...
within shadowed silence...
At what expense..
I unnoticed... painted her
She taunts me... mocks me
As I... I resurrect... SHE
And within... this.. Chapel
This vegetable garden...
Wherest stupidity and... yes...
multitudes of sins
Acclimate oneself into...
euphoric obscurity
Prompt confession...
saves enormous pain
Yet, tonight... I have beheld thee
Grant pardon to a corpse
Do not let her escape
As once I did..
My perfume of the gods
Are you completely infatuated... I am...
But before crossing...
Threshold that draws thee
In line be thee received...
I scarcely mind...
Find it comforting..
in this ceremonial soiree
...Are thee disillusioned?
You'll see my little love
my sorrow and my comfort
Shake that branch... that cherry tree
Walk away as rain blossoms me
Goodnite... goodnite
as poorest butterflies
...flutter away...
For these flowers be poison to thy heart

No comments:

Post a Comment