Friday, August 24, 2018

Demo Review: DECK Demo 2018 (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Demo 2018
Independent
Place of origin: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Genre: Hardcore punk
Release date: January 6, 2018
I managed to get off early from work today and it looks like I will be off tomorrow too. Because of that, I have had some time to do some writing. After working on a few stories, I hit up Youtube looking for new punk-rock tunes that I have never heard before. I came across ''Demo 2018'' by a band called Deck. This demo features four short tracks. The tracks are lo-fi, but they still manage to push forward with a formidable onslaught of hardcore punk-rock. primal drums and chugging riffs adorn these tracks as they push forward in pure old-school hardcore fashion. The vocals are quite vicious as well! You can without a doubt mosh to these tracks, or at the very least nod your head aggressively as you try to turn down your headphones so you do not wake your sleeping mother. I sat back for a few minutes trying to pin-point a favorite track on this beast, but after some thought I realize that I enjoy all tracks on this demo equally. As I write this review I am now listening to this for the third time in a row. This tells me that I will most likely be looking for more from these guys in the future. Great job guys. This demo has been a blast. -Devin Joseph Meaney

Track List
1. P.F.F.S.V.
2. Like a Rat
3. Dogs Of War
4. Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment