Thursday, February 7, 2019

Single Review: GRAVEYARD SHIFTERS Dead End Road by Rrockhopper

Place of origin: Finland
Genre: Punk n roll
Single: Dead End Road
From their EP "Welcome to Sherwood", Released independently January 23, 2019
Directed, filmed and edited by Ville Väisänen and Niko Hill
Release date: January 22, 2019
As I have always been a fan of Finnish bands, Graveyard Shifters are now on my approved list! Really not a bad thing I can say about the band or the tune. The video for Dead End Road is fun to watch and the tune is three minutes plus of driving force. As someone who listens to lyrics first, this tune tells a great story. Try to walk a mile in my boots is a notch above the perennial walk in my shoes. Their musicality brings to mind their influences... I can hear Crue, Lemmy and even the Hives influence. I listened to some of their old music and plan on checking out more... I regret that they have been around since 2013 and this is the first I have heard of them. This tune definitely a 4.5 outta 5! -Rrockhopper

Lineup:
J. Matilainen: Lead vocals
V. Vainionpää: Guitars, backing vocals
H. Kansonen: Guitars
J. Sumkin: Bass, backing vocals
A. Salmenoja: Drums, percussion, backing vocals
Piano by Sami Tiittanen

No comments:

Post a Comment