Monday, March 2, 2020

EP review: Failed Treatment “Inevitable Failure of Brilliant Black Organs” (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: Failed Treatment
Country: Ukraine
Genre: Goregrind
EP: Inevitable Failure of Brilliant Black Organs
Format, CD, digital
Label: Independent
Release date: March 1, 2020
During my almost daily search for new grind and gore offerings, I ended up coming to a new release that really impressed me. The release I am speaking about is “Inevitable Failure of Brilliant Black Organs” by Failed Treatment!
I find the majority of the bands I review on Youtube, but I actually found Failed Treatment by scrolling my Facebook. Pierre (Braindead Webzine, Vomi Noir, Blue Holocaust) posted the artwork for this EP (he painted it himself) and provided a link to the Failed Treatment Bandcamp page.
Pierre knows his way around the goregrind scene, so before putting this on I made a guess that it was going to be pretty good. I was not wrong, and it ended up being even better than what I was expecting!
The vocals on this EP are absolutely wretched (I mean that in a good way). Many different styles are presented, and when all mixed together, the product created is what I would consider being top tier.
As for the guitar work and drumming, both really remind me of old-school Dead Infection recordings. This is no insult, as Dead Infection is hands down one of the best goregrind bands on the face of the earth. I would not go as far as to call this band a clone, though. Just highly inspired by the classics!
Released on March 1st, 2020, this is a new EP and it will without question get some plays through my speakers. When goregrind is this good, you need to check it out... if you are a fan, anyway.
Top tier gore with an equal amount of delectable presentation. Could things get any better?
I think not! –Devin Joseph Meaney

Track list:
1. Amputating Defective Bacterialization
2. Expellent Aftermath of Trepinated Trituratory Fluids
3. Festeral Fallontropy
4. Gelatinous Conflagrate of Dissolving Splenetic Purulenscie
5. Masectorial Performation Cavities
6. Necrolytic Recycling of Disgurgitant
7. Ocular Burns and Charred Methides
8. Opulent Fumes from Pustular Lesions
9. Sebaceotic Growths on the Pleural Membrane



No comments:

Post a Comment