Monday, April 24, 2023

Full Length Review: Muert "Haeresis" (Immortal Frost Productions) by Brynn Kali StarDew

Band: Muert
Country: Spain
Genre: Death/black metal
Full length: Haeresis
Format: Digital album, jewel case CD
Label: Immortal Frost Productions
Release date: January 28, 2022
Track one of Muert’s “Haeresis”, “Metal ¡Enajenacion!”: I really have never gotten into the death metal scene, however bands like Muert honestly make me feel like I am missing out. A really solid metal track for anybody into death/black metal.
The next track “Axantemir” sounded kind of like the devil was talking to me and said “check this out Brynn!” I speak English and so it was hard to translate this song but I kept seeing cool dragons flying around volcanic eruptions spitting about when I listen to this. Another solid track.
Track three “Damaso, El Brujo”: The bit of vocal sampling at the beginning was very refreshing! I also liked the guitar riff at 1:23; very metal! Not to mention the ending! 10/10 for originality!
The feedback at 3:06 of “¡La Niña de las Peras!” sounded great. I didn't think they really needed to add it to the very beginning of the next track (“Las Brujas del Bailadero de Anaga”) though that kind of felt like overkill. I really liked the build around 1:50 though, it showcased the drums nicely and it went well with the albums aesthetic. It also has a bit of an Iron-Maiden-esque feel to it at with the guitar chugging at certain points. Stuff like this really does make me wanna break shit and smash my head through a wall, literally… but I need to finish this review.
The final track “Majanos de Chacona” was ok, but it just felt like every other track on the album; nothing really amazing. All in all I think they were great and I wouldn't mind seeing them live. I bet their Moshpits are sick. -Brynn Kali StarDew

Lineup:
Ebola: Vocals, guitars, bass
Guayota: Drums

Track list:
1. Metal ¡Enajenación!
2. Axantemir
3. Dámaso, el brujo
4. La maldición de Laurinaga
5. ¡La niña de las peras!
6. Las brujas del Bailadero de Anaga
7. El 4° jinete sobre la Adelantadía
8. Majanos de Chacona

No comments:

Post a Comment