Saturday, June 1, 2019

Full Length Review: HAZE MAGE Chronicles (Grimoire Records) by Ashara Armand

Band: HAZE MAGE
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Country: USA
Genre: Stoner/doom metal
Full Length: Chronicles
Label: Grimoire Records
Format: Digital, streaming
Release date: April 19,2019
Hold your fucking breath and listen to this shit I found. Its blasphemy on its own. It speaks to you. With its dark tragedy and ominous words. I have never written a review of a band before because it’s new. So cut me a break. I had the chance to listen to this Doom Metal Band called Hazel Mage. The name itself speaks the tone of dark warlocks at work. Drawing you into their world of suffering and hollow feelings. They are natives from Maryland and they call the album Chronicle. It brings me back to bands I listen to that have that dark undertone.
For example Mayhem, Motorhead and My Dying Bride. The voice of this singer Matthew Casella is powerful. You can hear the woe in time this man sings. I don’t know if you will like it but I do. It’s catchy. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea but you have to give a chance to hear it. I really enjoyed each song. It really inspires you into a dark void.
You can block out the world with this music and find yourself in a world that is not your own but you will enjoy it. It’s great. Check it out. -Ashara Armand

Lineup:
Matthew Casella: Vocals
Kevin Considine: Guitars
Nick Jewett: Guitars
Scott Brenner: Bass
John de Campos: Drums

Track list:
1. Haze Mage
2. Storm Blade
3. Bong Witch
4. Fire Wizards
5. Corpse Golem
6. Priest of Azathoth
7. Harbinger
8. Dread Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment