Sunday, June 9, 2019

Full Length Review: SWAN VALLEY HEIGHTS "Swan Valley Heights" (Oak Island Records) by Ashara Armand

Location: München
Country: Germany
Genre: Grunge, stoner rock
Full Length: Swan Valley Heights
Label: Oak Island Records
Format: Vinyl, streaming
Release date: January 30, 2016
You are having a bad day, you are in a funk and you want to get over your bullshit. So, you put on your headphones to blast a bit of music, and come across Swan Valley Heights. Their music at first appears trippy and soft but it has a crazy ass vibe. A psychedelic twist. This brings you some calm and peace because you are pissed about the world, but now it does not matter as you found this amazing band. That is what happened to me.
I did not think I would like it, but I started listening. I have been into dark metal most of my life and when I heard Swan Valley Heights it reminded me of Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Lynyrd Skynyrd and much more. I was brought back to a simpler time when music was everything and nothing else. This band is from München, Germany, a place that birthed talented musicians to come together and create poetry. I enjoyed listening to these deep mellow sounds and they were soothing. You do not come across things like this often; it's once in a lifetime. I had that honor today and I am grateful. Thank you for this music and what it means to people to connect on a deep level, evolving on a grander scale of life. -Ashara Armand
[Swan Valley Heights' second full length The Heavy Seed will be released on Fuzzorama Records on July 6, 2019. -DW]

Lineup:
David Kreisl: Guitars, vocals
Chris Schmidt: Bass
Andy Heir: Drums, keyboards

Track list:
1. Slow Planet
2. Alaska
3. Mammoth
4. Let Your Hair Down
5. Caligula Overdrive
6. Mountain
7. River

No comments:

Post a Comment