Monday, October 7, 2019

Poem: "Dark Angel" by Kay Irvin

Dark Angel
Kay Irvin

Loving you is time ... to die for
Loving you is time ... I want more
Holding you is easy to rush
Holding you is hot candy-crush

Maybe people don't talk this way
But they're thinking things they won't say
(not me ... Angel Baby)
The world outside the window is untrue
I want to turn everything off ... but you

Sanctuary is in your eyes
The sanctuary day denies
Nightfall is you and private bliss
Nightfall brings my dark angel's kiss

Some people may not feel to say
But then, they're just dead anyway
(not me ... Angel Baby)
The world outside the window is askew
I want to turn everything off ... but you

Take me deep as the moonlight springs
Love, wrap me in your warm, black wings
The hours are endless before bright
Take me deep as the endless night

No comments:

Post a Comment