Monday, August 1, 2022

Full Length Review: American Terror "Where We Are" (EMP Label Group) by Corban Skipwith

Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Country: USA
Genre: Rock, punk, metal
Full Length: Where We Are
Format: Digital download, streaming
Label: EMP Label Group
Release date: July 8, 2022
Before I begin I have to say, I find it hilarious that the whole COVID pandemic is now the most popular and ‘go to’ example used in all Metal these days as the sign of the ‘apocalypse’ or ‘WWIII’ not saying I disagree with those theories it’s just funny.
Now onto the record, we have the latest 2022 release by the band and considering this is my first time listening to the band I didn’t really know what to expect but I was interested to dive deep into the 11 tracks provided.
What came out of the record was this unique blend of ‘Nu Metal’, ‘Acid Punk’ and ‘Punk’ all combined to create this high energy rebellion anthem of a record that I can see people with like minded views and opinions on the subject matters they are talking about enjoying a lot.
When I hear the production and instrumentation I hear a lot of ‘DOPE’ and ‘Mindless Self Indulgence’ in the way the guitars hit and those funky elements included. But the vocals can often times sound a lot like ‘Misfits’ with all the classic sounds made that you’d hear from a classic ‘Punk’ record and all of these choices I think makes for an interesting listen none the less.
The one critique I’d make on it is that it sounds messy at times and not as cohesive as I would of liked but I mean that’s just nip picking at this point and as I said above if your someone who shares a similar opinion as these guys then I’m sure this won’t be a problem for you.
Definitely give this record a shot! Corban Skipwith

Lineup:
Brad Cox: Vocals
Pat Valley: Guitar
Murphy Karges: Bass
Rob Hammersmith: Drums
DJ Soulman: DJ

Track list:
1. State of the Union
2. End of America
3. Self-Control
4. Take Out a Bully
5. I’m Fucked
6. Just a Victim
7. The System
8. Lies
9. Soulless
10. No Lives Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment