Saturday, August 3, 2024

Full Length Review: Thin Ice "A Matter of Time" (Farewell Records) by Devin J. Meaney

Band: Thin Ice
Location: Schweinfurt
Country: Germany
Genre: Hardcore
Full length: A Matter of Time
Format: Digital
Label: Farewell Records
Release date: May 3, 2024
While on my hardcore kick I found “A Matter of Time” by Thin Ice! This seems quite a bit more “serious” than the last demo I reviewed, and although initially I didn’t have the desire to listen to a full-length after finding this my lust for music changed!
The guitar is your standard hardcore riffs with a thrashy edge. Vocally this is in your face, with a shade of gang vocals thrown into the mix. The percussion is tight and the production is professional. The tone of the music does change throughout, giving a bit of diversity with the overall sound.
This album features 12 tracks in just under 30 minutes, and the band hails from Germany. I’m not super wordy right now—so I will just say that this is an excellent album and well worth a few listens and maybe even a physical purchase!
Note: After writing the review I felt like mentioning that the lead guitar work is stellar and I am even getting mild touches of a “Southern” twang! -Devin J. Meaney

Track list:
1. Intro
2. A Matter Of Time
3. Nothing Changed
4. Time Is The Enemy
5. Bow To None
6. The Easy Life
7. Driven By Defeat
8. As Cold As Ice
9. Ready To Explode
10. Time To Choose
11. No Friends
12. Kill Or Be Killed

No comments:

Post a Comment