Sunday, October 27, 2024

Interview with Jürgen Bartsch of Bethlehem by Daniel Ryan


Interview with Jürgen Bartsch of Bethlehem

How long have you been making music for?
We've been running Bethlehem since 1991 = 33 years actually.

What is your favorite instrument to play on?
My favorite instrument is a bass-guitar. I'm playing this instrument since 1981. Additionally I play guitars & Synthesizer.

What acts have you played with before if any?
Honestly said, I don't remember them all. There were many from around the globe.

If you had to lay out all the bands in order you played in as a timeline what would they be?
1) Rest in peace 1981 - 1988
2) Weird Kong - 1989 - 1990
3) Morbid Vision 1990 - 1991
4) Bethlehem 1991 - now
4+) Stahlmantel 1999 - 2008

What is the coolest experience you have had as a musician?
When performing live at the MDF in Baltimore I watched people crying when playing the guitar solo of "Tagebuch einer Totgeburt" on my bass-guitar. That completely blew me away emotionally.

What inspires you to keep doing what you do?
My affinity to music in general. Emotionally as well as spiritually. When we started the band we didn't want to sound like anyone else, so we invented our own style that has influenced countless other bands and still does.

What is your favorite venue you been to or played in?
The Club Gagarin in Tel Aviv - Israel.

You can find us on YouTube. Check out our latest album here:

-Daniel Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment