Wednesday, July 27, 2016

CD Review: SERCATI In the Shadows of Sidewalks

SERCATI
In the Shadows of Sidewalks (Tales of the Fallen part 3)
WormHoleDeath Records
The first title is not so common (as far as I know). It sounds more like Gothic Slam (talking instead of singing). It sounds very melodic. I like this one for the ensemble and its atmosphere especially. When I first listened to "Time for Apocalypse" I was "conquered". Then... I was disappointed cos the "dark" vocal does not stick to the music (and I can assure the musicians jam awesomely) I found a Wikipedia link in French telling that they invented a first character in the stories/songs called The Nightstalker. This album is the third part. What Wikipedia says (won't include the misspellings I've seen): "'apparition de plusieurs nouveaux personnages: Thalis et l’anesthésiste présageant une funeste suite pour le Nightstalker" which means "appearance of several new characters: Thalis and the anesthesiologist presaging a disastrous/fatal result for the Nightstalker". The character Thalis is maybe related to something that happened in the train Thalys from Belgium in 2015 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Thalys_train_attack); just saying. The three other songs musically sound like typical black metal. I think it would be better with melodic vocals (remember Vortex of Dimmu Borgir?). The EP is great but I’m still a bit disappointed. Despite the minor negative points, I recommend the first track. I'm not courageous enough to listen to their other albums. The band started in Belgium in 2009. The musicians have played since they were kids. If you wanna know more about them, they have at least two Facebook pages; I’m not sure they are official. But you can find them on Wikipedia (in French only cos the page has not been "wikified"). There are not many updates in English but let's hope hit the heights of glory. -Abyss Forgottentomb

Track list:
1. Time for Apocalypse
2. Chained to Purgatory
3. The Anesthesist
4. Natural City

No comments:

Post a Comment