Sunday, January 5, 2020

Poem: 'Aria In Green' by Kay Irvin

Aria In Green
by Kay Irvin

Green light, green dreams come to rock me to sleep
Your memory comforts me, ease me deep
Such brightness can never really be gone
Haunting bass and baritone echoes on
Release what's inside, I know you were right
I can still hear your voice in the night
Sending .... "Laugh, cry, challenge reality."
Oh, the green man brings luminosity
Be an open book, I know you were right
I can still feel your presence in the night
Suspended in dusk, touch of Halloween
Oh, rocking mist come aria in green
A thousand candles, a thousand windows
Green dreams come swaying and the green light glows
Lyrical flickering reflects to fly
Softly ... a tall, winged shadow passes by

~ For Peter Steele - Type O Negative (January 4, 1962 - April 14, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment