Thursday, July 29, 2021

Film Review: Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda (New Horizons Picture, 2014) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda (2014 TV movie)
Directed by Kevin O'Neill
Written by Matt Yamashita
Starring Wilhem Abreu, Keisha Shadè Akinyemi and Lorena Alemany
Produced by New Horizons Picture
Do you enjoy movies where the CGI is so bad it is almost like you are watching an episode of Reboot in the 90s? How about acting that is dreadfully terrible and a script that is absolutely deplorable? If this type of thing interests you…I suggest checking out Sharktopus Vs. Pteracuda.
Sharktopus Vs. Pteracuda is the second film in this series, following the original film “Sharktopus” in 2010. The plot is kind of patchy and there is a lot of this that doesn’t make much sense, so instead of giving you an overview of the film I will just suggest checking it out for yourself. Although the movie is one of the cheesiest things I have ever seen, there is lots of blood and action…and even though the low budget is quite evident, Sharktopus Vs. Pteracuda was actually “kind of” entertaining.
There are elements of humor in the film, and Conan O’Brien even made a short cameo (his first movie cameo in his career).
The main reason I watched this movie was because it was produced by Roger Corman, the mastermind behind the Carnosaur series (which is actually one of my favorite movie franchises of all time) and a slew of other lower budget films. Just like the Carnosaur series, Sharktopus Vs. Pteracuda stretches the limits of what is visually acceptable in a film…yet I couldn’t stop watching.
After Sharktopus Vs. Pteracuda, a third movie was filmed in 2015 called “Sharktopus Vs. Whalewolf”. I’m sure it is just as crap-tacular as this one. Will I watch it? Only time will tell! Syfy films are known to sometimes be less than amazing…but then again, some are actually pretty damn good. And you won’t know until you sit down and watch them.
Now please excuse me as I stick my head beneath my kitchen tap to try and wash my last existing brain cell…at this point, the poor little bastard is holding on by a thread! –Devin Joseph Meaney

No comments:

Post a Comment