Thursday, May 11, 2023

EP Review: Metamorph "SpellBound Empress" (Independent) by Brynn Kali StarDew

Band: Metamorph
Location: Manhattan, New York
Country: USA
Genre: Gothic rock, pop
Format: Digital
Label: Independent
Release date: May 1, 2023
“Spellbound (Siouxsie and the Banshees cover)”: This was a really great intro track, I'm excited to see what the rest of this album has in store. The next song “Empress (The Plague: remake)” was really beautiful and flowed nicely to the beat of the previous song. The snares at 1:20 till 1:50 we're really nice in it as well! The third track “Empress (Eva X Remix)” started to get more techno but I really liked it! It's nice too because not only did they make a lyric video but I can totally understand the lyrics which are REALLY COOL! My helpful assistant says they sound like the bands Garbage and Sky Cries Mary. I don't know if they do so I'll let the reader be the judge. The instrumental version of the song was really good, but I liked hearing Margot Day’s beautiful voice in the intro a little bit more to be honest. “Empress (Caustic Remix)” was track five on the album. I thought that it definitely had sort of a dessert vibe to it, very ambient but had some good industrial qualities as well. I was really impressed by the flutes at 2:45; they just went well with the belly-dancer dessert princess vibe! The final track “Empress Instrumental (The Plague: remake)” was really nice and easy listening and a great way to wrap it all up! I rarely give a band all tens but I couldn't help myself. –Brynn Kali StarDew

Songwriting: 10/10
Musicianship: 10/10
Production: 10/10
Memorability: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

Lineup:
Margot Day: Vocals, flute
Julifer Day: Vocals
Erik Gustafson: Guitar, bass, beats

Track list:
1. Spellbound (Siouxsie and the Banshees Cover)
2. Empress (The Plague: remake) (Adoration Destroyed Production)
3. Empress (Eva X Remix)
4. Spellbound Instrumental (Siouxsie and the Banshees Cover)
5. Empress (Caustic Remix)
6. Empress Instrumental (The Plague: remake)

No comments:

Post a Comment