Sunday, May 7, 2023

Full Length Review: 25th Mission "Resilience" (Independent) by Brynn Kali StarDew

Band: 25th Mission
Location: East Meadow, New York
Country: USA
Genre: Traditional heavy metal
Full Length: Resilience
Format: Digital
Label: Independent
Release date: March 21, 2023
Track 1 “Resilience”: I think this song was about war or something it kind of had an Iron-Maiden-esque vibe going on but it really didn't sound bad and I thought it worked ok with the album art. The guitar solo at 3:20 was nice too!
Track 2 “Clash of the Faiths” was pretty interesting. I could understand the lyrics better too! “The Knights in Red Crosses” was a cool line that gave it somewhat of a medieval-crusade aesthetic. It sounded anti-religious authority in the other lyrics. It's honestly kind of hard to tell. The guitarist rips pretty heavy at four minutes which I enjoyed.
“Fight Kill Die” was my favorite track on the album the lack of being able to understand the extremely high-pitched singer didn't bother me, it was definitely very speed-metal/ slayer sounding which just had a good energetic feel which was really good, a very solid track.
“Compelled to Kill” was definitely the shortest track on the album, but also one of the easiest to understand. “Gothic Lady” really was neat on a personal level. As a self-identified Goth, I think I speak for us all when I say we could all use a gothic lady in our lives.
I gotta give them some credit for making track seven “My Life” understandable to the listener. So much metal sounds like a dying skunk and it drives me up the freaking wall! A lot of metal is like well-written poetry, deep and full of emotion though much if it is dark sad, and depressing it's still extremely beautiful.
The other tracks were good too but the one that really got me was the rocky soundtrack throwback “Eye of the Tiger” redone masterfully. This song is really special to me and it really kicked them up a notch from okay to great! I give them an overall score of 9/10. -Brynn Kali StarDew

Lineup:
Mike Deyhle: Vocals
Pat Picarsic: Guitars
Vinny Carollo: Bass
Ed Brietkopf: Drums

Track list:
1. Resilience
2. Clash of the Faiths
3. Fight Kill Die
4. Compelled to Kill
5. Gothic Lady
6. Synystyr Mynystyr
7. My Life
8. Hitting the Wall
9. Centralia
10. Eye of the Tiger [Survivor cover]



No comments:

Post a Comment