Thursday, May 25, 2023

Single Review: Ex-Hyena "You Can't Run Away (from me) - Feat. Hororhaus" (Independent) by Brynn Kali StarDew

Artist: Ex-Hyena
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Country: USA
Genre: Dark electro
Format: Digital
Label: Independent
Release date: May 12, 2023
The 80's beat seems cheesy at first, but I like how it's kind of off-beat and it sounds kind of like somebody running. The lyrics are understandable after listening to it a couple of times. Even the more bass-heavy voices I could understand. I thought the bass voices gave it a good dark sound, but too much where it sounds like they are trying too hard. All in all it's a really solid track. The radio mix was good too I liked the more emphasized techno sounds in it and enjoyed it more than the original, to be honest. -Brynn Kali StarDew

Musicianship: 8
Songwriting: 8.5
Production: 8.5
Memorability: 8
Overall: 8.5

Lineup:
Bo Barringer
Reuben Bettsak
Scott Harris: Lyrics, additional kayboards

Track list:
1. You Can't Run Away (from me) (Radio Mix)
2. You Can't Run Away (from me)



No comments:

Post a Comment