Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Full Length Review: TweeKs Corner "Past Midnight" (Independent) by Brynn Kali StarDew

Band: TweeKs Corner
Location: Michigan
Country: USA
Genre: Melodic heavy metal
Full length: Past Midnight
Format: Digital
Label: Independent
Release date: July 15, 2022
The first impression I got was that this sounds good but it just sounds like so many other melodic metal bands, their lack of lyrics didn't really help much either, just some original lyrics really would give it a lot more of a memorable sound. “Architect” was a good progressive metal tune, but didn't really sound different than bands like cynic so I was a little let down. I liked the bass solo on the Intro of synthetic but wasn't really very impressed by the rest of the track. The Youtube video was kind of psychedelic though so I give them some credit there. I also that the album art was pretty interesting and definitely gives it the “tweak” vibe. With the name TweeKs Corner I expected a hardcore screamo band and was pleasantly surprised to find such melodic and relaxing instrumentals such as “Right Lane Ends”. A lot of what I like about it is the guitar, but the drums are good too and not too heavy. It's all very meditative and I really enjoyed it. I listened to some of their older stuff too and it sounds pretty similar which was surprising but if that's what they are into good for them. -Brynn Kali StarDew

Musicianship 9/10
Songwriting 8/10
Production 8.5/10
Memorability 8
Overall 8.5/10

Lineup:
Eric G.: Guitars, drums
Eric W.: Bass, drums

Track list:
1. Architect
2. Synthetic
3. Circles
4. Right Lane Ends
5. Still Waters
6. Never Enough
7. Hurricane
8. F.E.A.
9. Nebula
10, Past Midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment