Monday, May 27, 2019

Poem: "I’m so sorry" by Astrid Beauvois

I’m so sorry
By Astrid Beauvois

I’m so sorry that I’ve never been anything,
Except everything I am.
I’m so sorry that I’ve never been able to see,
Except on a cool, clear morning.
I’m so sorry that I drive within my lane,
Except when I went over the guardrail.
I’m so sorry that I relish my solitude,
Except that I’m screaming out for you to find me.
I’m so sorry that I’ll never be good enough,
Except when I am but never for the reasons I want to be.
I’m so sorry.
I’m so sorry.
I’m so sorry.
I’m so sorry that I lash out like whips,
Except when I’m driving horses.
I’m so sorry for being too fucking loud,
But the silence is deafening,
And I can’t stand hearing my own goddamn breathing.
I’m so sorry for always telling you exactly what’s on my mind,
Until I realized it’ll make no difference.
I’m so sorry for being me,
I’m so sorry,

No comments:

Post a Comment