Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Demo Review: Inopexia "Demo 2021" (Independent) by Devin J. Meaney

Band: Inopexia
Country: Russia
Genre: Gore, grind, noise
Demo: Demo 2021
Format: Digital
Label: Independent
Release date: December 29, 2021
Once again while on my journey through the wasteland that is the underbelly of YouTube I happened to find something pretty cool. “Demo 2021” by Inopexia shrouds the listener in a barrage of short goregrind blasts absolutely filled with pitched watery vocalizations, tight guitars and percussion that absolutely destroys the cranium…and I’d honestly have it no other way.
Hailing from Russia I can honestly say this isn’t just standard goregrind. The production is top quality and although the demo is so short it still manages to make itself known as something that is deserving of a listen (or three). Although the instruments are done well I’d say the high point of this demo would be the vocals. I always love a watery vocal sound with my goregrind and gorenoise…and the vocals presented here by Inopexia are more than just passable…they are great!
Clocking in at under four minutes you might need to listen to this a few times before everything really sinks in. But without any doubt in my mind I can state that I’d happily check out anything from Inopexia in the future. The toilet bowl vocals really snag me…so I’d absolutely love to hear more! -Devin J. Meaney

Track list:
1. Образование
2. Водитель
3. Селитроc
4. ...по семейным обстоятельствам
5. Проходимец
6. Солиджон Мацаралла
7. Люфт Лифта

No comments:

Post a Comment