Friday, April 1, 2016

Poem: 'Twisted Minds' by Sarah McKellar

Twisted Minds

I tried to be civil today,
In a circumstance where I should,
I attempted three times to be kind,
But unfortunately, I was blind.
I did not help where I could.

For some people are beyond help,
They simply seek to use,
Some people simply claim- with lack of respect,
“I was abused”

It’s very hard to sit back and watch,
Opportunistic bludging off my mother,
You asked for as much as she had,
Please work things out with your lover.

He may claim to love you, my dear,
But I know very well,
The words he speaks behind your back,
Would send your mind to hell.

You don’t know what you’re doing to our family,
I ask you to please, consider,
Otherwise, if this continues,
You will not be the winner.
I understand your devastation,
Wrapped up in your crazy mind,
But reliance on other people,
In your case, will always be totally blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment