Genre: Lymphatic goregrind, pathological goregrind
Release date: November 27, 2022
After an early morning coffee and a shower I made my way to Cerebral Suppuration - Chromosomal Aberrations and Other Genetic Disorders. This is another upload at the Gore Grinder account on YouTube. The first thing I noticed was that this really sounded like Lymphatic Phlegm—and that makes sense because after listening I noticed this was listed as a “Lymphatic Phlegm worship band”. The second thing I noticed is that even though this is listed as pathological goregrind it definitely has a black metal edge when it comes to the guitar riffage and the vibe.
Honestly I was never a huge fan of Lymphatic Phlegm—but strangely enough I really enjoyed this release. Just like Lymphatic Phlegm the drum machine sound is cold and very tight…but unlike Lymphatic Phlegm I find there is a lot more life in these recordings.
This band hails from Paraguay and features the exact same members as Carcinosis and this is their debut EP. I hope to hear more from these guys, and again, even though I am not the biggest fan of Lymphatic Phlegm this was done well and overall the entire EP was brought together nicely and the soundscape held within is immaculate.
Again, this is patho-gore but I think fans of black metal might even dig this one. As I said above it has that same cold atmosphere a lot of black metal has and I think aside from the vocals BM fans might enjoy what is offered here.
This was self-released in digital format November 2022 and as of early 2023 there will be a CD coming out on Lymphatic Sexual Orgy Records! -Devin J. Meaney
Oscar: All instruments, drum programming, lyrics, mix
1. Poison – Intro
2. Dextrocardia and transposition of the great arteries (TGA) associated with trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome)
3. Craniofacial and limb malformations in tetraphocomelia-cleft palate syndrome (Roberts syndrome -RBS-)
4. A single orbital cavity (cyclopia) with additional proboscis in a newborn with trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)
5. Severe defects in the cranium and face due to the non-division of the cerebral frontal lobe (Alobar Holoprosencephaly)
6. Absence of corpus callosum in complete trisomy 8, without mosaicism
7. Manifestation of Purulent Cystical Bacillosis in the Internal Ligaments of the Bile Vesicle (Lymphatic Phlegm cover)
8. Necrosis of a Rather Extensive Part of the Jejunum-ileum (Lymphatic Phlegm cover)