Friday, April 3, 2020

EP Review: Borborygmus "Ghoulish Goremet" (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: Borborygmus
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Country: USA
Genre: Goregrind
Format: Digital
Label: Independent
Release date: February 7, 2020
After finishing up a piece of fiction I had been working on, I realized that I had been slacking on my music reviewing. Thinking that I should put a stop to this, I logged on to Youtube and quickly typed "goregrind 2020" into the search.
After checking out a few different releases, I found something that caught my eye. "Ghoulish Goremet" by Borborygmus. I didn't know what to expect, but when I clicked play, it was nothing like what I would normally find on my goregrind search.
Posted as goregrind, the guitar style is not like most gore. It has a sincere metallic edge, and at times even reminded me of black metal. The vocals are pitched and intense, but again, they differ from most goregrind bands. The drum machine seems simple, but it pulls off what it needs to. Overall, the recording quality is a bit rough, but this release still manages to be an enjoyable piece of music. Again, not what I was expecting... but very fun.
I don't know much more about this release except that Borborygmus hails from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. If I ever run into more material from them (or him/her?) down the road I will be sure to give it a listen.
Also, I need to show this to my friend Patrick Mcguigan. It really sounds like something we would make together. –Devin Joseph Meaney

Lineup:
Hellsmasher: Guitars, bass, vocals, drum programming

Track list:
1. Ghoulish Goremet
2. Self - Inflicted Cranial Ballistic Trauma
3. Torso (Hacksaw Carnage)
4. Mutilation of the Epithelium Tissue
5. Sickening Pathological Medical Malpractice


No comments:

Post a Comment