Thursday, April 30, 2020

Single Review: Aliaga "Crepitación del Lenguaje" (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: Aliaga
Location: Lima
Country: Peru
Genre: Blackened grind
Single: Crepitación del Lenguaje
From their upcoming EP to be released in 2020
Label: Independent
Format: Digital
Release date: May 1, 2020
I typed in the Youtube search bar ''black metal 2020.'' I was listening to grindcore, and then hardcore, so I figured it was time to listen to some tracks of the blackened variety. When the results of the search came back, one of the first tracks that showed up was the new single ''La Crepitación del Lenguaje'' by Aliaga. It was listed as a fusion of grindcore and black metal... ''blackened grind.'' My old band Proctophobic was blackened grind, so this intrigued me. I needed to check this track out.
After listening, I have a few things to say. The production quality on this is great, first and foremost. The vocals are dark and vicious, paired with heavy, foreboding guitar, immaculate drumming, and a genuinely chaotic atmospheric tinge.
When it comes to blackened grind, my friends and I were doing that 15 years ago. But with that being said, this newer stuff I am finding is produced much better, is tighter overall, and really pushes the sub-genre in a direction that is much more wanted and accessible.
Aliaga hails from Lima, Peru since 2019. This track is taken from their upcoming EP, expected later this year. The only other thing I will mention about this single is that it sounds more modern than the really old-school grindcore and black metal from back in the day. Still, this is a highly enjoyable piece of music and I encourage other people to give it a listen. It's blackened grind! You know you want to! –Devin Joseph Meaney

Lineup:
Giancarlo Melgar: Vocals
Eduardo Yalan: Guitar
Daniel Santome: Bass


No comments:

Post a Comment