Tuesday, May 5, 2020

EP Review: ICD10 "Pleasure for Everyone" (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: ICD10
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Country: USA
Genre: Hardcore punk
EP: Pleasure for Everyone
Label: Independent
Format: Cassette, streaming (Youtube and Bandcamp)
Release date: February 6, 2020
Continuing on with my hardcore spree, I happened to come upon ''Pleasure For Everyone'', the 2020 tape by Philadelphia ensemble ICD10. I have listened to a bunch of hardcore and other forms of vicious punk in the last few days... so lets see how this sounds!
The production quality is muddy, but it gives this short release a genuine underground feel. I am really reminded of punk acts from the mid to late eighties and early nineties. Nothing modern sounding about any of this. This is genuine hardcore punk. Old-school style!
Power-chords and overdrive paired with rough, gritty vocals and your standard punk rock percussion. There are even a few shitty (the good kind of shitty) guitar solos! I don't know if it is a punk thing, but after listening to this I was really craving a beer. I don't have any, but I have a bit of home grown... I guess I will get into some of that now before bed!
I also really dig the cover for this. Really D.I.Y. style... which is absolutely perfect! Overall, this short release rules. Give it a spin, you bunch of losers! (I'm kidding. I love you all). Keep it classy, fuckers! –Devin Joseph Meaney

Lineup:
Belén: Vocals
Alex: Guitar
Zach: Guitar
Allen: Bass
Mac: Drums

Track list:
1. What We Deserve
2. Jarring Fright
3. Hollow Words
4. Static And Stagnant
5. The Pigs 1+2



No comments:

Post a Comment