Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Film Review: "Snoop Dogg’s Hood of Horror" (Snoopadelic Films Inc., Social Capital, BloodWorks, New Rebellion Entertainment) by Devin J. Meaney

Snoop Dogg’s Hood of Horror
With Snoop Dogg, Daniella Alonso and Anson Mount
Written by Jacob Hair and Tim Sullivan
Directed by Stacy Title
First release: Los Angeles Film Festival, June 27, 2006
Snoopadelic Films Inc., Social Capital, BloodWorks, New Rebellion Entertainment
I once again wanted to watch something of the cheesy variety, so I loaded up Tubi to see what I could find. There were tons of films that I knew wouldn’t even be watchable…but after some browsing something caught my eye. Snoop Dogg’s Hood of Horror seemed to be just what I was looking for, so I threw it on the TV screen and I was soon transported to a realm of cheesy humor, bad acting, low budget gore and hip-hop music. That might not sound like a fun time to some, but honestly, it was highly enjoyable and I daresay I might watch it a second time some day (or night) in the future.
Snoop Dogg’s Hood of horror is a film adaptation of a fictional comic book, and it presents itself as an anthology of three very short tales. Similar to Tales from the Crypt, it was a “secret” ninth film screened in the 8 Films to Die For film festival in 2006.
Now, this isn’t exactly something I would recommend to just anyone. There is plenty of cursing and nudity and violence, so I would only suggest this to a seasoned adult audience. And anyone looking for something with “good” acting or a perfect script shouldn’t watch this either…but to anyone with an interest in cheese horror, bad jokes, low quality splatter effects and Snoop Dogg, I’d say go for it.
Featuring many bigger names such as Danny Trejo, Diamond Dallas Page, Jason Alexander, and a slew of others, this film managed to not only be entertaining, but it far exceeded my expectations. A great watch for when indulging in “the reefer” (I don’t do that anymore but I still understand the vibes), a Halloween party, or even just a boring night home alone (or with friends), the hood of horror beckons those of us that understand a good time. Or maybe a bad time depending on perception…I guess?
Either way, watch this film (as long as you are 18 plus). I mean…who doesn’t love Snoop? –Devin J. Meaney

No comments:

Post a Comment