Saturday, February 4, 2023

Full Length Review: Kristopher Battilana "The Raven and the Robot" (Independent) by Brynn Kali StarrDew


Artist: Kristopher Battilana
Location: Geraldton
Country: Western Australia
Genre: Post metal, rock, electro, goth
Format: Streaming
Label: Independent
Release date: October, 2022
I’m not sure who is on Kristopher Battilana’s team but this is really impressive if it is self-produced. I found the entire album very very intelligent and well-written as well as the music which accompanied it was very professional. I really don't have any particular track I enjoy more than any other, perhaps “Trinkets” or “The Mechanic”. This doesn’t speak for the truly amazing amount of art that has been contributed to this masterpiece. I really don’t want to try and speak for each track individually. These tracks weave together a tale that I don’t want to spoil for any readers. This is definitely something special and it deserves a bit more recognition in my opinion.
“The Raven and the Robot” is an extremely memorable original, I have never reviewed anything like this so I’m not sure what to say other than it kind of reminds me of bands like A Perfect Circle and perhaps I could say I can definitely see some similarities to the art as well. -Brynn Kali StarrDew

Track list:
1. Trinkets
2. The Robots Hold
3. My Feathered Friend
4. Slumber
5. Into the BlackHole
6. Twisted Metal
7. The Mechanic
8. Dayrise

No comments:

Post a Comment