Wednesday, March 1, 2023

EP Review: Abysmal Dimension "Self titled" (Independent) by Brynn Kali StarDew

Band: Abysmal Dimension
Country: Brazil, Australia
Genre: Death thrash metal
Format: Digital
Logo Design: Donna Kirkbride
Label: Independent
Release date: 2022
Abysmal Dimension is good but honestly it kind of seems like the singer is overdoing it. I like how the drums kick in real quick though on their intro track. It definitely has a kind of adventurous feel from the guitar which sounded very medieval-esque but in the best possible way. The lyrics sounded interesting. I could understand something about dimensions taking him away so that was cool. I couldn’t find any videos of them on Youtube but I get the Cannibal Corpse vibes here! The songs are just the right length too. As for the track Murder Border had a cool, ghostlike sound which I enjoyed, I really like the bounciness in this song, it goes perfect for the goblin war mech campaign I am launching this spring with my D&D group on Twitch! The guitar solo at 2:45 definitely gave me chills…Nice ending by the way. I like the idea of the song Terraformer…haven’t heard anything like this in terms of lyrical content yet so congratulations ten out of ten in terms of originality. The tracks are just really solid in terms of musicianship and the art is pretty cool too! Keep up the good work! Interdimensional Heavy Metal Steam Train had a really sick intro. I can totally see what they're going for here and I like it! Nice bass riffs here too I noticed as well. It’s pretty sick how they come in again at 2:00 with the guitar. I definitely recommend listening to this track as well if you're a fan of Death Metal! -Brynn Kali StarDew

Musicianship: 9/10
Songwriting: 9/10
Memorability: 9/10
Production: 8/10
Overall: 9/10

Lineup:
Kristopher Battilana: Vocals, lyrics, concept
Gustavo Camargo: Music, production, concept

Track list:
1. Terraformer
2. Murder Border
3. Abysmal Dimension
4. Into The Abyss
5. Interdimensional Heavy Metal Steam Train


No comments:

Post a Comment