Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Film Review: Monster Force Zero (Uncork'd Entertainment, 2019) by Devin J. Meaney

Monster Force Zero
Directed by Nathan Letteer
Written by Tyson Kroening and Nathan Letteer
Created by Michele Pacitto
With Garrett Wang, Aeon Cruz, Heath C. Heine, Amanda Rhodes, Heidi Rowan, Greg Farinelli, Cali June, Dalena Nguyen
Produced by ETK Entertainment and The Gam3
Distributed by Uncork'd Entertainment
Released September 13, 2019 (KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival)
At the height of a very boring day I decided to watch a movie. As per usual I made my way to Tubi, and although I was feeling like something cheesy I wasn’t aiming for horror. After a brief search I made my way to “Monster Force Zero”, a low budget “sci-fi hero comedy” (that is the only way I can describe it).
First and foremost I will throw it out there that this was listed as PG, but it actually had loads of adult humor and cursing and stuff. Secondly, this was actually pretty damn rad! There were dinosaurs, aliens, super heroes, robots, and a slew of other things that can be described as “up my alley”! No, the script wasn’t uber professional and the acting was amateurish at best, but in the long run it was filmed pretty well! I find it hard to find movies that draw me in (the same as books) but this for sure is something I would watch again with friends!
I’d go into further detail but I feel as if a better way to consume the story would be to watch the movie yourself. If you have any interest in “well done” B- grade humorous stuff I’d say give it a go. I was never one for the more mainstream super hero movies, but this had loads to keep me entertained—and I’d make a stab that you might find it to be something that entertains as well! -Devin J. Meaney

No comments:

Post a Comment