Sunday, January 14, 2024

Poem: "The Greatest Film Ever Made" by Jerry Langdon

The Greatest Film Ever Made
© Jerry Langdon 2023

Passing the threshold of the cinema door
Spelunking deep into the darkness,
Scrying for the perfect seat for what's in store.
No, back row; no front row
Too far away; too close.
One would think the center to be perfect
But there is the strange feeling of being lost.
For this feature there is no required ticket;
I am alone and without extra cost.
I sink into my conquered paradise chair
I feel the static rising in the air,
Adrenalin wafting out like sweet perfume.
I am a bat on a cavern ceiling
In that sanctuary where I'm hanging and chilling.
I hug my bucket of popcorn and bag of jelly beans.
Jelly beans!; that is what this adventure will be like.
Not knowing what surprise will unfold in the scenes.
The cover is cracked and the story begins to spike
Drifting into a fantastic world spilled on the pages
And the camera rolls.......a movie just for me.
Tonight's matinee a gruesome horror; my blood rages.
My mind races and the pages break the sound barrier.
The room I'm in becomes the stories carrier.
Welcome to the greatest film ever created.
For me books will never be out-dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment