Monday, April 15, 2024

Film Review: Gods of the Deep (Dark Temple Motion Pictures, Ace Entertainment Films) by Devin J. Meaney

Gods of the Deep
Written and Directed by Charlie Steeds
With Derek Nelson, Makenna Guyler and Kane Surry
Executive Produced by Charley McDougall, Jamie McLeod-Ross and Peter Oxley
Released December 4, 2023 (USA)
Dark Temple Motion Pictures, Ace Entertainment Films
Distributed by Quiver Distribution (United States, 2024)
Not too long ago I watched the film “Gods of the Deep”. It was available on Tubi and the cover was appealing so I figured I would give it a go. At first it just appeared to be standard sci-fi but after a bit it changed to something that was creepy, weird, and leaning in the direction of psychological horror.
I will also mention that with a title like “Gods of the Deep” I assumed it would be Lovecraft inspired, and I can say that my assumptions were correct. Unlike a lot of Lovecraft stuff this did have a modern twist, even if not paired with a shockingly high budget (I’d call this “B list but well done”).
As for the vibe of the movie I’d say it was “enjoyable and eerie” but personally I think it could have had a better ending. As to why, I’ll leave that for you to decide as I don’t wish to ruin the movie. Overall though I’d watch this again if I was looking for something spooky to watch with friends, and even as a B list film (I do have a bit of a love and lenience for B movies) this was far from terrible, and again, well worth the watch! -Devin J. Meaney

No comments:

Post a Comment