Sunday, June 2, 2019

EP Review: FIXATION "Into The Pain" (WAR Records) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: FIXATION
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Country: USA
Genre: Hardcore
Label: WAR Records
Format: Digital, streaming, vinyl
Release date: May 10, 2019
It is a rainy Sunday evening and I am just getting around to doing a review for ''Into The Pain'' by Fixation. When I clicked play, the first song ''The Role'' attacked my eardrums with a violent assault of vicious hardcore punk rock. The second track ''Spare Me'' was just as obliterating. (I mean that in a good way). For the second portion, the last two tracks ''You Feel Nothing'' and ''No Class'' held just as much weight as the first half of this release! Heavy guitars and aggressive vocals adorn this EP, paired with tight drumming and crunchy bass. While I really enjoyed this EP, one thing I will mention is that I wish it was longer. Clocking in at around four to five minutes in total, I had to listen to this release multiple times to completely grasp it. Aside from the short length, this seems to be a tight little blast of hardcore and I highly suggest anyone into this style of music gives these guys a listen. I am now on my fifth (maybe sixth?) playthrough and I can honestly say this was enjoyable to rock out to. I hope to hear more in the future... great stuff! -Devin Joseph Meaney

Track list:
1. The Role
2. Spare Me
3. You Feel Nothing
4. No Class

No comments:

Post a Comment