Monday, June 3, 2019

Full Length Review: VALLENDUSK "Fortress of Primal Grace" (Northern Silence Productions) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: VALLENDUSK
Location: Jakarta
Country: Indonesia
Genre: Atmospheric black metal
Full Length: "Fortress of Primal Grace"
Format: Limited edition digipak, streaming
Release date: March 30, 2018
A short while ago, my friend Steagull (also known as Big Dick Dangerous) sent me quite an amazing release. "Fortress of Primal Grace" by Vallendusk soon permeated my speakers and I instantly fell in love with this breath taking album! Tight drums and heavy yet melodic guitar work (with a hint of acoustics) graces this disc, alongside dismal (yet somehow uplifting) vocals and what sounds to me like intricate and well played organ work. As far as atmospheric black metal goes, this is some of the best I have heard in quite some time. This album was released on Northern Silence Productions, and although this is the first time I have heard of this label, I am now intrigued to hear more from them. Hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, this band is absolutely fantastic and I genuinely implore people to check these guys out for themselves. It has been a very long time since I have listened to something that depresses me and brings me to a peak of euphoria all in one shot, but that is exactly what these guys do for me. This is the most recent release from Vallendusk. I am just hearing of them now, but I can say with sincerity that I will be listening to more of this band in the future. (The very near future, I might add). These guys have been active since 2011 and I hope it stays that way for years to come. Sincere regards to the band for creating such a masterpiece. Nature, nostalgia, and deep feelings adorn this music. Pure excellence! 10/10 -Devin Joseph Meaney

Lineup:
Rizky: Vocals, lyrics
Valendino Mithos: Lead guitars, songwriting, compositions
Danang Sugianto: Rhythm guitars, songwriting, compositions
Derick Prawira: Drums, arrangements

Track list:
1. The Presences
2. In Reverie
3. Coronation
4. At the Heart of the Storm
5. Eons
6. Higher Ground
7. The Shield

No comments:

Post a Comment