Sunday, May 5, 2024

Demo Review: Halogen "Demo 2024" (Independent) by Devin J. Meaney

Band: Halogen
Country: Finland
Genre: Hardcore punk
Demo: Demo 2024
Format: Digital
Label: Independent
Release date: February 27, 2024
Hitting up the “Felopunk” account on YouTube I landed on Demo 2024 by Halogen! Featuring 3 blistering tracks in under 8 minutes this is another blast of awesomeness! I will also add that the production is the perfect combo of raw and clear, and by that I mean you can tell effort went into the production—and that production is paired with the “underground” vibe to the fullest!
This is listed as hardcore. With crunching, slamming guitars amid chaotic vocals and pin-tight drumming I cannot say that is wrong. But one thing I can add is that I am reminded highly of early Dystopia in places! As Dystopia’s “Stress Builds Character” is one of the heaviest songs ever written (IMO) this is far from an insult!
These guys hail from Oulu, Finland. As a person who traverses the lands of the underground I can say that a hell of a lot of good stuff comes out of Finland…and Halogen are no different! -Devin J. Meaney

Track list:
1. Burden
2. Bathroom Mirror
3. Value

No comments:

Post a Comment