Monday, December 16, 2019

Demo Review: Y3M "Demo 2019" (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: Y3M
Country: Korea, USA
Genre: Mincecore, goregrind, noise
Demo: Demo 2019
Label: Independent
Format: Streaming
Release date: December 2019
During my usual Youtube search, I scrolled upon Demo 2019 by Y3M. It was listed as a fusion of mincecore, goregrind, and noise, so obviously I had to hit the play button to see what this was all about.
First and foremost, I need to say that this demo is highly unique. Although there are hints of goregrind and mince, the aspects that stand out the most are all elements of noise. Harsh feedback paired with various off-the-wall audio distortions are rampant amidst sporadic and intense vocalizations, guitars, and tight drumming. This short release may not be for everyone, but for me, I find these tracks to be quite pleasurable.
Another thing worth mentioning is that I feel like I am on drugs when I listen to this. The "music" is so out there that it almost makes me high in a supremely dysphoric way.
As stated within the bio provided by "Gore Grinder" on Youtube, this is a "Fresh bi-national, noisy mincing grind'n'gore duet featuring Austin Eller (Ulcerating Noise Eruption) from Baltimore, USA on guitars/vocals and Yuying Lee (Sulsa, Little Puppy Princess) from Seoul, South Korea on drums." The only mentioned project that I have heard of is Sulsa, but after checking out this demo by Y3M, I am intrigued to hear more from this seemingly iconic duo.
"Demo 2019" is the first release by this pair, but hopefully they have more noises up their sleeves. Awesome distortions, Y3M! -Devin Joseph Meaney

Lineup:
Austin Eller: Guitars, vocals
Yuying Lee: Drums

Track list:
1. youtube is skynet
2. anti anti antifa aktion
3. 2bucks beat
4. i feel noise
5. 有錢無罪 無錢有MINCE


No comments:

Post a Comment