Sunday, September 2, 2018

Demo Review: HEINOUS Gore From The Gutter (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Gore From The Gutter (Demo 2016)
Independent
Place of origin: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Genre: Grindcore/goregrind
Recorded by Jeff Owens at Master's Chambers, November 2016
Release date: December 9, 2016
For the past few weeks I have been on a serious punk kick. With that being said, tonight I decided it was time to indulge in some goregrind. My musical roots will always be tethered to grind and gore, as the majority of the bands and musical projects I have played in have been gore or grind. Scrolling through Youtube, I happened to come upon Demo 2016 by HEINOUS. Being the first pure goregrind band I have stumbled upon in a few months, I was completely blown away. Earth shattering guitar alongside vocals of a gurgling and splattery orientation eviscerate my eardrums to the point of no return. If I tried to headbang to this my brain would be turned to a reeking pile of cerebral mush. The drums are so fast in places that I am reminded of Last Days Of Humanity, the well-known gods of splattery goregrind. The bass is low and chugging... just as it should be. Clocking in at just under eight minutes, this quick demo proves to be a monumental piece of gore laden revelry. This release gets a ten out of ten from me... no questions asked. Good job HEINOUS, you have gained a new fan. I will also add while writing this, I am now listening to ''Four Under The Floor,'' the 2017 EP from these guys. I plan to go through their discography, and so far, it just keeps getting better. Fucking right, biatches. -Devin Joseph Meaney

Heinous released the LP The Basement last July. It should be out on vinyl this fall. If you like Brujeria and Agathocles you'll like this band. -DW

Lineup:
Cody P: Guitar
Andrew F: Bass, vocals
Wex: Drums

Track list:
1. The Cell
2. Tomb
3. Gory Mutilation
4. Torture
5. Vault
6. Intense Ailment
7. Dead Body

No comments:

Post a Comment