Wednesday, July 22, 2020

EP Revew: LÏXØ "Pos" (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: LÏXØ
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Country: Brazil
Genre: Gore dance music/goregrind
EP: Pos
Fornat: Digital
Label: Independent
Release date: May 2020
While perusing the vast wasteland that is free Youtube goregrind, I came upon the 2020 EP ''POS'' by LÏXØ. I reviewed a LÏXØ demo in 2018 for Asphyxium Zine (Autoeroticasphyxium at the time) so I figured the right thing to do would be to check out this EP and see where LÏXØ is in 2020.
I enjoyed the project's offering in 2018, but this new set is recorded much better. The vocals are absolutely putrid, and after my second listen, I dare say that LÏXØ has improved quite a bit since the beginning of its music spree. Even some of the guitar riffs have improved in tightness and overall riffage!
This is not Earache Records style grind. This is pure underground gory grind stuff... exactly how it should be. One man grind carnage from Rio de Janeiro / Brasil. This might not be for everyone, but if anyone asks about this EP I will tell them to give it a go. Why the fuck not, right? LISTEN TO THE GOREGRIND! –Devin Joseph Meaney

Lineup:
Rovane Rodriguez: All instruments

Tracklist:
01. Lsd jack
02. Gilteco gil
03. Humbeco Gessinger
04. Slaughterhouse (Mortician cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment