Friday, June 3, 2022

Single Review: The Beatersband "Love I Can B W You" (Independent) by Corban Skipwith

Band: The Beatersband
Country: Italy
Genre: Punk, pop
Single: Love I Can B W You
Format: Digital, vinyl
Label: Independent
Release date: May 31, 2021
What a mouthful that title and band name is yeah? You know you’ve got a badass record when it takes that long to type the title alone!! None the less it’s the famous *SINGLE’S REVIEW* time and boy do we have a treat for you today with this one.
So this is actually a single from the end of May 2021 and this whole song (the whole 3:05) of it brings some fun ‘Pop Punk’ vibes that I honestly haven’t heard in years! I’ll be honest I’m more of a traditional ‘Punk’ fan but I do have my soft spots for this style as long as it’s done properly and these guys definitely do the style justice!
This track has this amazing catchy, infectious energy behind in that is just so damn irresistible I can’t help but move my leg or shake my head while typing this because those drum patterns just make me reminisce of acts like ‘Garbage, Blink 182, Mainstream Era Green Day’ and so many more that paved the way for the ‘Pop Punk’ craze that took over the early to mid-2000’s and this is the perfect homage to that sound.
The vocals although not the most energy driven I’ve heard in this sub-genre hits home with its consistency, notes and performance! A weird comparison to make but it sounds like if Daria (from the TV Show) decided to follow her best friend and make a band!
Overall, absolutely love this track. It’s groovy, infectious, fun and all in all a fun song to vibe to! Go check it out below! -Corban Skipwith


Lineup:
Donatella Guida: Vocals, guitar
Leonardo Serrini: Bass
Enrico Vanni: Drums

Track list:
1. Love I Can B W You
2. My Mother Plays Rock'n'Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment