Sunday, January 5, 2020

EP Review: PSYKOMA Self-titled (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: PSYKOMA
Location: Finland, Sweden
Genre: Death metal, grindcore
EP: Self-titled
Label: Independent
Format: Streaming
To be released on 7” vinyl by Wise Grinds Records spring 2020
Release date: January 5, 2020
Outside my bedroom window, snow and freezing winds lick my rooftop with intensity. Obviously, I know this is the perfect time to do some music reviewing!
I sat down at my desk and started to look up grindcore and goregrind releases put out recently within the new year. After a short search, I came upon the self-titled 2020 EP by the band Psykoma.
Listed as a fusion of death metal and grindcore, this short shred-fest packs a blistering punch! It has all the feeling of a full-length death metal album, but stuffed inside brief grindcore sized packages for those of us who are way too A.D.D. for a full-length death metal experience.
All instruments are played with skill, and the recording quality is also of the top tier variety. I Iet this EP play through a handful of times, and with each play, my face melted more and more!
I highly encourage everyone to give this EP a play. Fans of death and grind will not be let down with this brutal release! -Devin Joseph Meaney

Track list:
1. Concrete Hell
2. Blood
3. Specimen
4. Psykoma
5. Goner
6. The Time is at Hand



No comments:

Post a Comment