Friday, July 8, 2016

CD Review: DARKYRA BLACK Fool

DARKYRA BLACK
Fool
Independent
I've listened to the whole album quite easily (because some of the songs have not touched my senses enough). I like the aura of melancholy from Flawless. Generally it feels like she's restraining her emotions but emotions are as important as singing properly (and what a voice; no doubt about it). The musicians work well together, like a harmonious osmosis. If the album was only instrumental it would be more than a nugget. Labeling them is not my cup of tea. It's symphonic metal and sounds like a deja-vu or "deja-listened" because the female vocals remind me a bit of Tarja Turunen (Nightwish) and the male (in songs like Bleed) a bit of Peter Steele. My favorite tracks are parts one and two of Behind Closed Doors. It starts with an oriental theme that makes me imagine a gigantic palace from the Orient with the typical structures you can find in movies and fantasy. Then I can imagine the doors opening to scenes of betrayal, love etc. It has made me think about Prince of Persia so to speak. It's what I favor most. -Abyss Forgottentomb

Track list:
1. Pt2 Behind Closed Doors
2. Who Are They To Judge You
3. Truth or Dare
4. Of Fool and Gold
5. Where Will I Be
6. Bleed
7. The Wish Never Fades
8. Desperation
9. Flawless
10. It Takes All Kinds of Fools
11. The Fountain of Frozen Dreams
12. Pt1 Behind Closed Doors

No comments:

Post a Comment