Monday, March 28, 2022

Full Length Review: Ravenfield "Pain" (Alster Records) by Corban Skipwith

Band: Ravenfield
Location: Dachau
Country: Germany
Genre: Dark rock
Full Length: Pain
Format: CD
Label: Alster Records
Release date: March 18, 2022
I have to tell you, it’s been quite a while since I’ve covered an Alternative/Metal album and it’s refreshing as hell! Time to talk about this new 10 track record which is the second studio album by Ravenfield.
You know as I’m sitting here listening to this album I can’t help but hit a wall of nostalgia because this is the kind of style I would binge back in my ever so ‘cloudy’ youth. I would play albums by bands like
-Stone Sour
-Alter Bridge
-Fozzy
-Rev Theory
-Godsmack
I mean these guys put me into a mood that not many other genres could replicate and for that reason I have a soft spot in my heart for this unique type of sub-genre.
Back to THIS record, I love everything about this. First all the gentle yet encapsulating experience the production gives off is WILD! Because you have that classic Alternative trademarks with the amazing clean vocals and those groovy, catchy instrumentation patterns and notes, the type that stay stuck in your head for days or even months to come!
I love how every track has its own personality and character, although it all flows together as one solid collection of songs the magic is the fact that each piece of music can stand on its own two feet. Each track has its own catchy chorus, its own original vocal harmonies that don’t try to copy any other song on the same record, each song feels refreshing and can stand alone as a single to represent the craftsmanship of the band members involved.
Another thing I really love is the vocals, I know I already technically touched on that a little above but man Polo you are the man (literally and figuratively) his singing ability (even for alternative metal standards) is unbelievable, truly this is some of the most captivating singing and harmonies I’ve heard not only all year but in the sub-genre period, he knows how to capture every note, every vibe, every notion has a reason and every guitar note a purpose.
At the end of it all, the only word I can find myself saying is ‘WOW’ this thing left me beside myself and then some! It’s beautifully produced, polished and executed. I felt like I was in some sick sense of euphoria, thrown back and forth into some new world inside my own mind that I didn’t want to come out of.
I advise all you readers to check out this band from Germany, they kick ass in more ways than one and this album could easily be ‘metal album of the year’ contender for sure. Link below don’t be a fool, check it out! Corban Skipwith

Lineup:
Polo: Vocals, guitar
Marco: Guitar
Uli: Bass
Rio: Drums

Track list:
1. Faith To Hate
2. Obsession
3. Killer
4. Circles
5. Monster
6. The Pain (feat. Michelle Darkness)
7. Autumn
8. Downfall
9. Fast And Curious
10. Chains


No comments:

Post a Comment