Friday, April 1, 2016

Poem: 'Ache' by Kaya Chaos

Ache
By Kaya Chaos

My heart hurts. Every time you walk away, my heart hurts. Didn't come this far to go back there... sometimes it feels like I've never left... but the fight in me has... If it's fight or flight, I choose neither... You reach a point where you know your place..... in this world, this life.... That is the true point of no return, when you've succumbed fully to the realization that "this is it". You're not giving up, rather giving in..... the Shepherd has become the sheep.... The lion has become the lamb, ripe for the sacrifice.... This is the moment where you become one of them, another schmuck just waiting to be sacrificed to the Gods..... Lamb led to slaughter by the pied piper in gold robes, the emperor does wear clothes.....stitched by the hands of the forgotten sons....born by women with no names....no names....but they each served a purpose......we all have "a purpose"...... For some that purpose is to be the pith.......the discarded, the disgraced..... For most it's to perpetuate this evolutionary cycle of birth, life and death..... For few, you will see the light, you'll graduate from the school of hard knocks......and you'll live each day with the knowledge that everything is everything, and everything is nothing. We are all fucked. If ignorance is bliss, bring on the lobotomy...... I've punched my card, I've survived the fight.... I've been scarred and raped by man and by life..... I still wake with a smile, and I'd die for my friends, would give up the world for his love, I'd justify the "ends"....the "means" wouldn't matter....it's inherent to be, to act on my heart not what's presented to me.....the truth hurts sometimes, it's like the mirror to the soul..... Where you can see straight through to the heart of it all.....my heart hurts......every time that you walk away......only when you don't have to. I know what I'm here for......

No comments:

Post a Comment