Saturday, November 26, 2016

Temple of Sahjaza Yule - Winter Solstice newsletter 2016


Winter Solstice – December 2016
“The Storms of Wintry Time Will Quickly Pass And One Unbounded Spring Encircle All.” ~James Thomson from the Seasons 1730~
 
My Craft by High Elder Priestess Liath Sahjaza
When I was growing up, my Grandmother didn't go out and buy ornaments or gifts. Everything was made by hand. I've always called her a Kitchen Witch and I don't know if there's such thing as a Country Witch, but I now think that is a more fitting name. While we did do a lot of Magic in the kitchen, we also did so all over the house and outdoors. I never knew anything about Sabbats until many years later because she didn't celebrate them. She called this holiday Winter Solstice. To her, this was the time to "pull in" the blessings for the coming year. We did change house decor with the seasons and that's what I still do. I enjoy celebrations of the Sabbats with my spiritual family, but around the house, I still tend to do things the way my grandmother did them. We never had a tree at her house because she always had cats. If you have cats living with you then you know it would be pointless. I also have several cats in my home, so I don't try to have a tree, either. When we did this craft, she used a mason jar and yarn instead of ribbon. Her candles were handmade and one might just be a lump of wax with a wick in it, but it did the job. This is to "pull in" prosperity for the coming year. This time of year makes me miss her more than usual, when we would have been hustling to get enough food canned and frozen to last until next harvest. When we did many crafts and it was finally cool enough to cook a big meal after a Southern Summer during which we mostly ate cold foods. I'm grateful to her for being the one to show me the way to my path.
Yule Prosperity Craft You can use a jar or make the craft in a clear ornament. For money/prosperity herbs, I use basil and cinnamon. You can use any green ribbon or any type of thick string. Stones that aid with prosperity can be green. My choices are two pieces of green jasper however, most green stones will work -- so will citrine. Include pieces of money, like dimes, quarters or you can use dollar bills if you prefer. Use plastic bags for each item. Inscribe the green candle with intent. I chose the Fehu rune for possessions, abundance and financial strength. This candle doesn't go inside, it's to be burned after you put the craft all together to send your intent outward into the Universe. You can add anything that means prosperity to you. 

Ritual for Peace
Light a white, lavender, or blue candle. Have any blue or green stone, or rose quartz or amethyst in your dominant (or sending) hand. Concentrate on sending out your will.
Sahjaza family, reach out with Spirit and join our hearts and hands, to raise the power that will start a wave of Peace. We have the power and love to make it happen. Believe it and Will it.
Peace begins with the heart of one The will to love given power to run Strengthened by this family's bond With the belief that true Peace can be won
Universal energies, be added to this Peace in our world that is our wish Let magic come from Mother Earth To strengthen the will of this family's heart
All around me let the hatred cease Let there be calm, let there be peace Let this peace be among all lands Let there be harmony among all people Let love enter every heart and mind All strife to be replaced by love and peace
By my will, your will, the intertwined will of this beautiful family. As we say, so it will be.
Wednesday nights join Sahjaza's Academy of Gray Mystics for Experimental Divination. Explore all types of divination; try and test find your own favorites from a cast variety of methods with various readers. You will learn to read and ask your quarry questions from a variety of Sahjaza members, as well professional and method readers will join us. Feel free to come. When in the Academy chat forum, look for the "Conversation Chamber.” Time is 9:00 pm eastern standard time. 

Drawing Down the Moon
All ye assembled at mine shrine, Mother Darksome and Divine. Mine the Scourge and mine the Kiss, Here I charge you in this sign. All you assembled in my sight, Bow before my spirit bright. Aphrodite, Arianhod, Lover of the Horned God.
Mighty Queen of Witchery and night, Morgan, Erione, Nisene, Diana, Bridgid, Melusine, Am I named of old by men, Artemis and Cerridwen, Hell's dark mistress, Heaven's Queen
Ye who ask of me a rune, Or would ask of me a boon, Meet me in some secret glade, Dancing round in greenwood shade. By the light of the Full Moon.
In a place wild and lone, Dance about mine altar stone, Work my holy mystery, Ye who are feign to sorcery. I bring ye secrets yet unknown.
No more shall ye know slavery, who give true worship unto me. Ye who tread my round on Sabbat night, come ye naked to my rite, in token that ye be really free. I teach ye the mystery of rebirth, work ye my mysteries in mirth.
Heart joined to heart and lip to lip, five are the points of fellowship, that bring ye ecstasy on earth, for I am the circle of rebirth.
I ask no sacrifice, but do vow, no other Law but love I know, By naught but love may I be known. All things living are mine own, from me they come, to me they go.
I invoke Thee and call upon Thee Mighty Mothers of us all. Bringer of Fruitfulness by seed and by root.
I invoke Thee by stem and bud.
I invoke Thee by life and love and call upon Thee to descend into the body of this Thy Priestess and Servant.
Hear with her ears, speak with her tongue, touch with her hands, kiss with her lips, that thy servants may be fulfilled.  

Create Your Very Own Yule Log
Instructions You will need • Log • Circular or table saw • Tape measure • Pencil • Power drill • Spray shellac • 3 candles • Hot glue gun • Decorations • Hammer and chisel (optional) • Planer (optional)
Step 1: Find a log Find a dried piece of oak, about five inches thick, and cut it to between 14 and 18 inches long.
Step 2: Flatten one side Use the circular saw or a table saw to flatten one side of the log, shaving off enough wood to enable the log to sit flat without wobbling.
Quick Tip: You can also use a cold chisel and hammer or a planer to flatten your log.
Step 3: Mark hole locations Use your tape measure and pencil to mark for three evenly spaced holes on the top of the log.
Step 4: Drill holes Drill holes into the log where you marked to serve as candleholders. Use candles and holes between 1/2- and 3/4-inch in diameter.
Step 5: Spray with shellac Spray the log with shellac. When it’s dry, insert your candles into the holes.
Step 6: Decorate the log Use the hot glue gun to attach decorative branches, holly, mistletoe, and ribbon to your log.
Step 7: Burn the candles Burn the candles in your Yule log throughout the holiday season. Then carefully pack it away and use it to celebrate for years to come.

© 1976 – 2017 All rights reserved. Goddess Rosemary Sahjaza -- Z/n. FAIR USE NOTICE: This newsletter contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance spiritual and metaphysical understanding. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this newsletter is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment