Saturday, January 5, 2019

Poem: 'To Everything' by Astrid Beauvois

To Everything
By Astrid Beauvois

I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole, this I know for certain,
I’m so completely enamored with you, captivated beyond all reason.
Compose for me these letters of love, and write out what your heart wishes to whisper,
Then shout our revelations from rooftops throughout the city, scattering flocks of birds from the resonance.
It’s quiet now yet my brain will not cease it’s chattering,
A continuous back and forth about how there’s no possible way this could ever culminate.
You’re real and I feel you within me, digging into every long forgotten crevice,
Pushing through what all others see, to actually taste the truth of it all.
You’re the most genuine being I’ve ever known and it’s heartbreaking to be set aflame, waiting,
The clock is ticking and soon, our joining.

 Published at Everything and Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment