Thursday, January 31, 2019

Demo Review: LÏXØ Demo 2018 (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Band: LÏXØ
Place of origin: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Genre: Gore dance music/goregrind
Demo: Demo 2018
Label: Independent
Release date: March 13, 2018
Once again, while scrolling through the underbelly of Youtube, I happened to come upon this release. Demo 2018 by LÏXØ is a quick little blast of gore-grinding fun, and I can honestly say that I am glad I found it. This is a one man outfit, but everything pulls together as if it was a full band. The production quality is not perfect, but hey... this is goregrind. The majority of one man bands from this genre record their own music. With spastic grunts and gurgles backed by a drum machine and a chugging guitar, this demo takes me back to the early Myspace days of goregrind revelry. One thing that I will note, is that this stuff reminds me of my old band Proctophobic, back when it was solely a goregrind band. This demo reminds me of our earliest releases, ''Cannibalistic Roadside Massacre'' and ''Revel in the Gore''. These shitty/awesome goregrind demos were released back in 2006, and the only place where you can still find any of these tracks is on an old abandoned Myspace account. Once again I will note that this release is not perfect, but it makes me feel nostalgic for the days where my friends and I would sip beers, smoke weed, and sit in my old kitchen recording low quality goregrind tracks just for the hell of it. I could probably go out on a limb and say that most people who have not been introduced to goregrind may not enjoy this, but for those of us who are fond of the gore... we understand. Shitty gore for life. Keep it up, LÏXØ! -Devin Joseph Meaney

Lineup:
Rovane Rodriguez: All instruments

Track list:
1. Teco Santa Cruz
2. Lolo Santos
3. Cracketano Veloso

No comments:

Post a Comment